Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Soul Mate

"A wise woman seeks to be part of her husband's life. His interests become her interests. She looks for ways to help him in all his endeavors. When he needs a helping hand, it is her hand that is there first." --Debi Pearl

Do I spend so much time trying to be a GOOD wife - the Proverbs 31 woman, with all my checklists - that I don't have time to be the wife my husband needs me to be?

How can I be his soul mate in everything?

Think about it. When your husband is sleeping in and asks you to sleep in with him, do you do it, or do you get up because you have so much to get done before the baby wakes up?

Do you cuddle up with him while he watches a movie, or rush around getting things ready for school the next day, or do the ironing while you watch?

Do your checklists take top priority?

Do you put off his hints for sexual intimacy because you are in the middle of folding washing or cooking lunch, telling yourself you'll make it up to him later?

Yet later never comes, and even if it does, it's too late...

1 comment:

noahandlylasmommi said...

I said a prayer for you and your husband. take care!