Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grace


God commands us to love our neighbors as ourselves. Yet sometimes it's pretty difficult to love myself. I struggle with a guilt complex, and people close to me know how to use it...

If I could just get past myself, maybe I could love the world as I should.

CHORUS:
Grace keeps giving me things I don't deserve
Mercy keeps withholding things I do
Words that seldom fail me
Leave me looking for the words
To express my gratitude

This list keeps getting longer
More than I can count
I thought I could get close to more deserving
Unworthy on my best day
unworthy at my worst
To receive this blessing that You give me freely

CHORUS

You must have Your reason
You must have a plan
You must see some treasure here I'm missing
If I could see myself through Your eyes
It would be easier to breathe
And display Your loving-kindness
to the world around me

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Great song. I have not heard this before!
Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful weekend!

annies home said...

great song and how unworthy we are of his love Praise God for all that he does