Monday, April 27, 2009

Too Late

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

I just missed out on my 20th high school reunion. There are several reasons I didn't go. But one of the major reasons is I didn't want to think about what might have been. I didn't want to remember everything I dreamed of being 20 years ago and have to compare it to where I am today.

Sad, isn't it? Former friends and acquaintances that I missed out on seeing and reconnecting with. Because of my own insecurities and issues.

Right now I just don't believe what George Eliot said. It IS too late. You can never go back and redo your past, hit the "undo" button. Your past is an indelible part of you that you can't shake.

What you can do is start again. Start fresh. You still have all your baggage and past life to deal with. But you can adjust your course right now.

That's what I want to do, if I can just cut through the fog...

I've purchased The Love Dare, by Stephen & Alex Kendrick. I'm going to start through it tomorrow morning, if I can just break away from being a mom for a few minutes. I'm hoping this will be my fresh start. We shall see...

No comments: